Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
N Scale Locomotive Conversion Suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> N Scale Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
austinxw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: N Scale Locomotive Conversion Suggestion Reply with quote

I am an avid Pennsylvania RR N Scaler. Although there are several Pacific 4-6-2 Models on the market in N Scale, none resemble the Pennsylvania K4. The prototype K4 had the PRR Keystone where most of the current models have the headlight and the prototype headlight was atop the bioler in front of the smoke stack. In HO Scale, both Bwoadway Limited and Bachman produce a very prototypical K4 PRR 4-6-2.

I was wondering if such a conversion kit would be considered by you for the N Scale market?
fire5506

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be looking to buy at least 2 of the K-4 conversions if produced.
I would like to see a conversion for the mountain to PRR, also an H-10s. I need 3 of them too.
I need to make LIRR and PRR ones.
Soca

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you get it???
Matti Virtanen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: N Scale Locomotive Conversion Suggestion Reply with quote

Minitrix made a PRR 4-6-2 K4. Yes, i know. The cylinders were of European high pressure type. I have one. Wink

Anyway, i would love to see some GN Engines. Very Happy
They too had the belpair boilers.

Matti
thirdrail

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, there's no suitable 80 inch drivered mechanism to make a K4s, BUT, the Bachmann Spectrum Consolidation, which seems to be in almost continuous production, would make great models of Classes H8, H9 or H10s, and there were literally thousands of these on the PRR, right up to the end of steam. Just need the shells, a Lines West slope sided tender would be lovely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> N Scale Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: