Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Thank you for being a member of our forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GHQ
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Thank you for being a member of our forum! Reply with quote

We want to thank all of our much valued forum members. We have gotten a lot of really nice feedback over the years about our forum. People tell us that they have gotten a lot of useful information about getting into wargaming, tips on military modeling, historical information about military equipment, etc. here on our forum. Above all else, the most common feedback that we have gotten has been that visiting the GHQ forum is a nice break from the flames wars, and pettiness, that is seen on many other forums.

That last point had held up until the last few days. We aren't going to even say what the topic was, because it doesn't make any difference (the threads relating to this have been taken down).

Wargaming is a great hobby. It allows people to gain an understanding of things in a way that you can't get from reading books, watching videos, or talking to others. It's also a hobby that we describe as "an inch deep, and 25,000 miles wide". It's not the type of hobby that most people can walk down to the corner store, and meet some others who share their interest. That is one of the neat things about this hobby, many people have connected, and made friends with people who are across continents, or oceans because of their common interest in wargaming. We have put this forum on our website for wargaming, military modeling and collecting. There are countless other forums/bulletinboards/groups/etc. for almost anything that you can think of.

We are limiting this forum to military gaming, modeling, and history. If we see any topic threads, or posts, that we feel are getting too far out, they will be taken down with no warning. If we see any posts that are inflammatory, they will be taken down. All of this will be at our discretion.

Just to give you a little background on GHQ's censorship of our forum, before this weekend we have probably deleted a total of 5-10 posts over the course of about 20 years (and those were the result of a flame war that broke out about 10 years ago). We love to see the posts on our forum, and we especially like it when we hear that someone has found some great guidance here, or that they like it because of the friendly atmosphere.

We want to thank all of our forum members for maintaining a friendly educational environment.

Thank you,
GHQ
StarCruiser
E5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thank you for taking action...
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manners are the lubricant of society.
gunbunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the action.
GHQ
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback! We want to re-emphasize that we always appreciate the posts on our forum, and the feedback that we receive. Please keep in mind that our forum is privately funded by GHQ. With that being said, yes, we will take down any posts that we feel are way off topic, are inflammatory, or we just don't want to be on our forum. We will leave that completely up to our own discretion. We will not apologize for that, nor do we feel that we should. "Free speech" is a cornerstone of our society, and we aren't stopping anyone from saying anything. We are reserving the right to allow what we want on our own forum that we pay for. There are plenty of places online for anyone to post anything that they like. Before this past weekend we took down a total of between 5-10 posts in about 20 years. They were part of a flame war that was doing nothing, but getting people upset. If anyone thinks that GHQ over-censors our own forum, then this may not be the place for some of your thoughts...we are always happy to hear your friendly posts about military gaming, history, and modeling.

Thank you,
GHQ
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have an extremely good and informative forum, thank you and keep up the great work
nashorn88
E5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank for removing.
chatto
E5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, good to see things kept relevant!
chrisswim
E5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHQ, thank you for having the forum.
Through the forum that you provide, I have meet gamers from nearby cities to game with. Have meet some at convention that we identified each other prior to the convention.

Thank you for taking care of that mess.
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work GHQ! We appreciate you allowing us this forum.
cwsmp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
AllenRockwell
E5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I missed whatever thread you are talking about ... I don't have time for that sort of nonsense.

I come here because this is my favorite gaming forum on the internet and everyone is so supportive, helpful and decent to each other. ... it's totally opposite of some of the other flame war forums on the net.

Keep on doing what you are doing GHQ, you guys are great. I'm one of the biggest fans of your products and a huge fan of this forum as well.

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com
catseye72

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllenRockwell wrote:
I'm so glad I missed whatever thread you are talking about ... I don't have time for that sort of nonsense.

I come here because this is my favorite gaming forum on the internet and everyone is so supportive, helpful and decent to each other. ... it's totally opposite of some of the other flame war forums on the net.

Keep on doing what you are doing GHQ, you guys are great. I'm one of the biggest fans of your products and a huge fan of this forum as well.

As I am a man of few words... ditto
Waddell
E5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mr. Rockwell. One of the things I truly enjoy about this forum is that people can post and read on their favorite subject without flame wars, political ranting, and/or various insults.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: