Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
scratch building
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dog Smack
E5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pibber,

Great to see you posting again. Your stuff is very inspirational. looking forward to see more!

pibber and BurtWolf - how do you guys attach the trailers to the prime mover? Love to hear how you all do that.

Steve
pibber
E5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: hook trailers Reply with quote

Thanks guys for yours comments about my stuff Wink .

To Dog Smack :
I use very thin iron wire and brass wire a little thicker.
The iron wire is used for the ring on the trailer while the brass wire is used to make the hook on the tractor (brass wire is harder than thin iron wire).

Few examples (photos taken quickly Confused ) :
first example, hooks on two US M3 halfrack (work in progress...):

on the second picture you can see better the iron wire glue in front of the trailer to replace the original GHQ ring part.

The same principe on this sdkfz 10 and Sig 15cm : the brass wire is glue (with cyanocrylate) at the rear of the vehicule (or undercarriage) and the thin iron brass is glue (with cyanocrylate too) on the trailer (or gun).

Sometime, I preserve the original pewter ring : I make a very small hole throught the ring with a very small drill.
See the example on this german Flak38 trailer :

...and it works !

Could be great on sdkfz 251 C & D
On the "ausf. C" with the 12cm Mortar, the brass wire was glue in a hole* (*I make it with a small drill) at the rear of the vehicule.

On the "ausf. D" (with the Pak 40) the brass wire was glue under the vehicule with a generous coat of cyanocrylate.

Look great ! and it's very easy to remove the trailer or hitch it. (and very easy to move the vehicule on a wargaming landscape : take the tractor and let the trailer slip behind gently on the ground)

Look great with Mac NO too :

You can see the very small hole on my Luftwaffe trailer to hitch a brass wire hook.

I hope it could help you.
Wink
chrisswim
E5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pibber,
Amazing work, great that you elevated the gaming process with trailers and movers/tractors. I do also appreciate the time & effort you put in for the personal storage bags. Look great.
Impressive presentation of your forces at work/at war.
Burtwolf,
Great trailer you created, wonderful.
Thank you for sharing.
Chris
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic Pibber! What did you use for the ropes to tie down the crates to the artillery? And how did you make that effect? I plan on adding crates and what not to my towed artillery - imitation being the sincerest form of flattery!!
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pibber,

OMG, that is brilliant. Something so simple works so well. As the kids say these days.. An awesome Hack. I will have to give some serious thought to doing something similar.

Thanks for sharing your mod.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/
pibber
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(thank you guys for your kind comments Wink )

BurtWolf :
I use very thin iron wire for the ropes to tie down the crates to the artillery. They are glued with cyanocrylate and fix with the help of a small precision clamp.
The ammo boxes and iron wire are painted together, then, iron wires are painted at last.

No problem for imitation, it's also in this way that I learned a lot of things in models or figurines making. Cool

I love so much your engineer trailers, I need few of this model and boat trailers too.
I hope that GHQ will not be too late to produce them someday because time passes... Neutral
CBoy3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pibber, great work as usual! You always choose interesting prototypes, and execute your conversions and scratch builds really well. You are an inspiration to many! Please keep posting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67
Page 67 of 67

Jump to: