Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
White metal Kits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> N Scale Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk's back into the thread turns on the light, dust off the hobby table and says, " It's time to start building again "
Been a hell of a trip, England, Scotland, Iceland home for a bit then Montana and now home again for awhile hope you all have been doing well ? Need to order some White Metal Kits ??? better make up a shopping list.
Cool
StarCruiser
E5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye ha!

I was beginning to worry...
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra
nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star, I'm sorry to cause you any worry, and thank you for caring.Yes I could have got on-line but it ran thur my mind and well I never did, sorry. I ran up to Scotland before New Year to catch the last of duck/goose season then back to England, Left there then up to Scotland till June, spent way to much time in Iceland !!!!! what a place think I fell in love about 100 times a day then got late June off to Montana and home for now.
Have to call GHQ this coming week and speak with Chanlor and place my order and start shutting down the gardens then on to the trains.Sorry for being so long winded. Till the next post which will be sooner take care.
Cool
StarCruiser
E5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - obviously, you had a ton o' fun!

In the end, that's always a good thing.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra
nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have a few things painted up, Set stuff to shoot some pictures and my Nikon won't work !!!! going to mess with it today and see what's up, if not just it maybe time to replace her. Everyone have a safe weekend.

Cool
nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man it never ends !!! Been busy but that beats sitting around with my !
So I've been messing with Black Pre shading, I mean all the other scales do it why not N scale ?? This is my old test shell so far so good I think ? Next one will be the GHQ excavator and this will not be a test run !! Once I get her built I'll be posting pictures of the steps.Sorry for the poor pictures using the wife's camera and not liking it.
N

Just a few more test shots.

StarCruiser
E5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me!

There's no reason why preshading can't be used in just about any scale.
nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Star, Thank you Got the excavator finished yesterday and God what a monster ! Was the hardest build yet ! but she came out great. Will be firing up the airbrush later today and hope to have pictures posted and stuff.

N Laughing
nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, So I began the pre-shadowing and it's going to be a really big learning curve, The first set of pictures is the GHQ excavator before primer, Be warned this is picture heavy !

Next we have the arears which I wanted to shadow.

Now we the GHQ excavator wit white primer and black shadow, If anyone wants to know I use Tru-Color paint. As you can see I was making adjustments thur the entire time I was painting.

Went a wee bit heavy here.

Again making adjustments as I go looking left to right.

nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more note,in drilled a hole in the base of the frame and glued a small pin in place this way I can move the body around from time to time. Weight was added to the main body cavitie.

The top side.

nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so here it is I have mixed feeling about it but this is all new to me. My first big mistake was last night I transferred Cat yellow spray paint from the can to a mixing jar and let it sit over night, I forgot how thin it is and you'll see it in the pictures

Overall I think it's ok but I feel I did a lot of extra work to get this were it's at while I could have done the same thing with weathering ???? Need to do it again but this time with a boxcar and instead of a white coat I'll do the base coat in black then use the white for the shadowing. I think the larger the subject the better it will turn out but I plan on doing it again maybe with a GHQ truck something a bit bigger. Please give feed back , your eyes may see something I don't.
P.S. I did touch up the tracks with grimy black.
N Cool

nmanica
E5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I went over yesterday to check out the excavator and it was a train wreak !!!!!! needless to say it has been stripped and I will be trying it again today.

N Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> N Scale Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: