Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
2019 - 2020 Wish List for Modern, '47, WWII Micro Armor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back over previous wish list entries, can I offer some further thoughts for discussion?

It will be helpful if people can be specific as some collation might be necessary. For example, if someone asks for 'WW2 Russian Artillery Gun Tractor' and another asks for 'Voroshilovets Gun Tractor', they may be asking for the same thing. Ideally people will look at the list and adjust their entry so that we end up with 2 votes for the gun tractor rather than 2 entries with 1 vote each.

Secondly, it may be worth considering sales potential to GHQ. Is the item from a popular period or army? Is the piece of equipment '** CENSORED **'? Does the item unlock future purchases ie would you buy a second battalion if they produced a nice brigade command pack? Is there a particular item missing that stops you buying from a particular range? Would voting for 'British Engineers WW2' this year mean that GHQ are more likely to produce that pack of 'Italian Engineers WW2' that you've always wanted in future?

It's a whole new strategy and tactics game all on its own!
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with CG2. It is in our own interest to be as specific as possible. It seems sometimes that is how I ended up with that awful M577 track extension. It may even be helpful to include a picture or a reference (including page number). It is up to us to make CG2's collation job as easy as possible, providing all the info needed to sort things out, not to mention helping out GHQ's production effort.

And think about production... For instance, I would like to see a model of the M48A1. It's range was so limited that a rack was installed at the rear lip of the back deck which carried 4 55gal fuel drums. The rack and drums were intended to be jettisoned as the tank entered combat. That rack will complicate the model and won't be used in battle, anyway. It also may mean only 3 tanks per pack instead of 5. Do I really need the racks? Nope. I can do without them and get my M48A1 battalion cheaper, with more likelihood it will be produced. The 70-mile range of that model makes consideration of logistics a little more important and it contributes to the tail end of the '47 series or the beginning of the Cold War. M48A1s can be seen at Checkpoint Charlie in the 1961 Berlin Crisis, so they would have been center mass if things had gone hot. They were used in tank battalions as well as cavalry units. They were everywhere! And the Cold War could just as easily have gone hot in the Fifties as the 70s or 80s, except that Eisenhower was President and he was a lot smarter about these things than his successors. (Yeah, I know Kennedy was President during the Berlin Crisis, but Ike was Prez during most of the 50s. Kennedy's inexperience might have led to war on several occasions, but he had Ike for advice and JFK kept learning. We were lucky).

Last edited by panzergator on Fri May 03, 2019 8:52 am; edited 3 times in total
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of adding detail and justification. The M48 write up was on point - good stuff.

While talking specifics, what about further focusing the picks? In CGs excellent plan, you get 5 picks per Era. What about having the picks categorized? This way we may get more consensus, perhaps show greater trends (majority rules) if options are limited and focused.

For example, the 5 picks would work out to be: max 2 picks for tanks/afv; max 1 pick for arty and AT; max 1 pick for soft vehicles; and max 1 pick for infantry. Any two picks can be swapped for Micronaut, accessories, or airplane picks.

Just a thought... looking forward to your plan CH. thanks for organizing.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burtwolf,

I don't have pics for Arty or AT. Nor aircraft. I DO have more pics for APCs and tanks, though. Until the U.S. and Brits get cracking on their next gen vehicles, options are limited.
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typically donít have aircraft picks nor Micronauts. Just thinking that having too many pick options will muddy the waters for GHQ? I guess thinking of trying to shorten the vote list.
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I get your point of view panzer, I probably would have more choices if we did not out conditions on them...
madman
E5

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern canine support units. I don't know the proper term or exactly their role(s). I have read some posts elsewhere on their exploits.
recon110

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M119A3 105mm US Digital howitzer.
mike robel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is early, for the list to be meaniful, it will need a lot more responses. Thus far there are only 7 respondents. The latest consolidated list has 57 items on it, and only 1 thus far, has more than one vote (WW2 2 Italy Italian Command Pack 508 CM Coloniale staff car & radio truck/office body) which I should think is to be expected at this point. But it will take a lot more submissions to get ot a meaningful number to select from.

The Micronaut ** CENSORED ** someone did possibly showed number of votes is not what makes the final list. Some of the ships were well down in the rankings. Clearly, there are other factors, perhaps what GHQ likes best. Smile
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience, Mike. Things a start slowly, but it will pick up. And I here are fewer people participating in the forum these days.
mike robel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. Perhaps more input comes from Facebook? The graphic at the bottom says there are 8000 Likes for GHQ, other sites say how many members there are and how many are on line at any one time. The forum may not be the happening place. I don't do Facebook. Perhaps some else on the forum is and they can comment.

Tough to say what the forum market share is vice Facebook or other means of influence.
regia-marina
E5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mike robel"]While it is early, for the list to be meaniful, it will need a lot more responses. Thus far there are only 7 respondents. The latest consolidated list has 57 items on it, and only 1 thus far, has more than one vote (WW2 2 Italy Italian Command Pack 508 CM Coloniale staff car & radio truck/office body) which I should think is to be expected at this point. But it will take a lot more submissions to get ot a meaningful number to select from.

Here's another vote for the WW2 2 Italy Italian Command Pack 508 CM Coloniale staff car & radio truck/office body. Also needed for the Eastern Front are Italian cavalry and Alpini troops.
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely correct - around Christmas time I'm hoping people will start switching their votes around to get behind fewer choices to give some clear winners. We have managed to get items on the list before where we've showed a clear consensus (I'm thinking about the Matilda a few years ago) and this year's list shows clear influence from our discussions here.

If you post your selections in the other thread I'll include them in the list.
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this will be an unpopular pick, most of mine are, but I would like to see a Stryker with the grenade launcher.. to be honest, it could be as simple as just having a alternate remote gun station with a grenade launcher. Then you could order packs of them to modify your strykers as you choose......just a thought.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/
MeVz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEEEEET! Very Happy

I just saw the new release schedule, and I'm ecstatically pleased that all of my must-haves made the schedule!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: