Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
This is it
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: This is it Reply with quote

Well gentlemen this is it for me, I will be taking my leave from this forum.
Please don't misunderstand me I’m not leaving in anger or throwing a fit but it was becoming harder for me to maintain interest and to come up with new things to motivate you guys.
You see I’m not actually like Uncle Fireball in real life... well not to this extreme but what happened here was that in order to keep you guys interested and open to new ideas I had to become more and more eccentric and competitive to wake you up
Smile
People can check my early posts compared to say six months later and you can actually see the transformation into Uncle Fireball …….. ahh that was something to behold!!

Also recently there were few comments made in my threads that I felt were unwarranted but let me be clear, Uncle Fireball would have responded with hell fire and vengeance the only problem is that I have retired Uncle Fireball.

All that is left now is to mention a few people who made an impression on me during my time here.

So in no particular order:

Donald M. Scheef - Even with my antics on this forum Mr. Sheef was always civil with me and I hope that I have returned the favour, this guy has unbelievable knowledge with anything naval and is willing to share so ask and ask questions.

panzergator - At first I thought of Panzergator as my enemy, later as worthy adversary but in truth he is an honourable man.... it was a privilege.
One thing I have to say here is that he does go on about the M60 and the tents on M551, to the point that once I was reading his post and it was so long that I managed to finish half a bottle of whiskey before I reached the end of the post.

Guroburov - Mr. Guroburov and I reached 100 posts at the same time I remember that we were speculating if we’ll get the E5 rating which we did!!!!!!
His posts to me were always friendly and that is why I always put “Mr” in front of his user name when replaying… my way of saying thank you.
So Mr Guroburov I won’t be around but I’m curious what happens when you reach 500 posts, you will get there.

whoa Mohamed – I remember when I joined the forum and not even two weeks later there was an issue were a lot of people turned against him and I felt that it was unjustified and spoke up in his defence and that is when Fireball was born and I thought that between us we can make this forum better.
Sometimes you feell kinship with people and I felt that with whoa Mohamed

So fair well from UNLCE FIREBALL for the last time.

P.S I had to use capitals

FB

Last edited by Fireball on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: whoa Mohamed Reply with quote

I would like to know why " whoa Mohamed i hope I typed it right.

I never asked you and I want to know Confused

Fb
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firebalk, you simply will not be able to resist checking in from time to time.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
maybe not my friend
ww2navyguy
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are leaving the forums. I really enjoyed reading your recent posts on pacific naval topics including aircraft types and aircraft carrier compliments. I was also looking forward to more of your posts on pacific WW2 naval carrier wargaming and tactics.
I hope you change your mind and post again on this forum in the future. Take care and please don't stay away long.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry , why didn't people say something earlier like you that you enjoyed my threads.
I will respond to this thread if people want to see me off but I will not start anything new,
I tried to make this forum interesting but I know now that its not up to me, this is not my forum and I can't change it to suit my vision.
Sad
regia-marina
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Fireball, I'm sorry to see you go as well. I enjoyed your posts on the IJN. I don't have any Japanese ships but they fascinate me as well as the war in the Pacific. You bring a unique perspective to WW2 naval wargaming. Don't stay away too long!
StarCruiser
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....he'll be back Cool
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Starcruiser not this time, I got married late so my youngest daughter is 9 and last week she asked me if I like the computer better then her...usually i would be looking at the screen stright after work checking out minis i want to buy or being an idiot here. I need to make things right.
Donald M. Scheef
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving the forum. I managed to survive my daughter's adolescence by playing non-military games with her. Maybe when your daughter is older ---
Don S.
you'll avoid catastrophe."
D'oh!
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Scheef, she does show interest in my star wars legion minis but for the moment we just go to the park, you know slides and swings.
My parents divorced when i was 15 and i promised myself that i would look after my kids but i came up short recently.

FB

Last edited by Fireball on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a few years, YOU will ask HER that very question. Meanwhile soak up EVERY MINUTE YOU CAN with her. You are making the right decision. There is no more important job than PARENT, not any better investment of time.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let it be known on this forum that Panzergator was the only one who made the famous Fireball to shed a tear.

Thank you Friend
whoa Mohamed
E5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother why whoa Mohammed.
In 2003 to 2005 i worked for the multinational security transition team in Iraq , A very dear friend who had a amazing ability to keep us laughing was sadly killed in. Action because he was a former British para all my online activity is under the whoa Mohammed moniker in his honor. Im sorry your leaving the place will be a little less bright without you.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parenthood came to me a little bit late, as well, Fireball. First one at 38, second at 42, and last one at 45. My wife and I were old enough to appreciate our children.. I am now almost 70 and have our first, magical little grandson. We have been blessed with great boys who have found wonderful girls. You will never regret the investment in time for children. Take all the time you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: