Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Republic of Dalmatia Imagi-Nation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisswim
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless you Redleg.
Rules vs. scenario, Iím a bit confused...lol,LOL.
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too to be honest, never had done a war-game with real word militaries before.
redleg
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if my previous posts were vague. I was trying to say that I would be willing to play an actual wargame using a rule set like Fist Full of Tows, Command Decision, or Mein Panzer. I'm not interested in a creative writing wargame.

But I give up after reading your scenario idea, because it makes it obvious that you still don't have any idea how special forces units operate. The information is readily available, but you have to look for it. Read it. And then apply it. The ROD is done trying to teach you the same thing over and over and over.

If you want special forces then get off your ** CENSORED ** and do it. If you don't want them you need to drop the subject and move on to your next disaster.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They weren't vague, Redleg. You COULD send two or three SF teams into Canada to undermine the New Canadian government and return it to saner people. It would take a couple years, and by then, the population of military age would be sufficiently depleted through those various hit-and-lose operations he likes to run. Since he neither likes to use or learn about SF, he will never learn how to defend against SF.

Of course, you may already have deployed a few teams and he won't realize you are there until his own people walk into his office, grab him off his toilet, and duct tape him to a tree in front of the town hall.

Or, perhaps CofC will ship in enough weed and the stoned population will take him out and roll him in the snow until he can be stood up as a snowman to frighten the children into behaving in school and LEARNING something.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate deleted
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Canada will have Special Forces units operational in the new year, once the NCOs return from Recondo school of course.

As for playing an actual Micro armor wargaming Redleg, that can be a problem since no store in my home town carries any historical wargaming rulebooks nor GHQ models. its very much a 40k/MTG kind of community, which sucks.
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New Canadian NCOs are preparing to Leave Recondo school with the knowledge of Special Forces training to bring back to the NCAF so they can get their SF units operational next month. We thank the ROD for their time.
redleg
E5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that Recondo school teaches you small unit leadership and patrolling more than anything else. Our special forces troops undergo a full year of additional training to earn their SF tab and be a qualified special forces soldier.

As you build your special forces units I recommend that you READ. It's clear that you have no idea what special operations units do or how they operate, so if you want to be successful READ. If nothing else just look up Special Forces on Wikipedia. That will give you more info than you have now.
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís not much to go by, plus SF tactics and operations are somewhat classified information so itís going to be a problem.
redleg
E5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! It's not a problem! I don't know if you're trying to be incompetent on purpose or if you just don't care enough to look.
chrisswim
E5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asymmetrical Warfare.
Go get a book by that title.
Follow these guys, if you can find them, Joint Task Force 2 and based near Ottawa...
Army Special Operations Forces Unconventional Warfare FM 3-05.130
248 pages, Chapter 4

Unconventional Warfare Planning...................................................................... 4-1
Seven Phases of Unconventional Warfare......................................................... 4-5
Unconventional Warfare Termination of Operations ........................................ 4-12
Army Special Operations Forces...................................................................... 4-14
Supporting Elements and Activities.................................................................. 4-20
Interagency Activities........................................................................................ 4-20
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to read that when I get the chance, Redleg what is the sit rep with the Eurasian empire in Libya? As it being that they are conventional army, I could possibly join in on the campaign if Karmanaskis does not pose a problem, and it could potentially redeem by Military and the country if I could manage to pull a win aginest the imperials, as Im done fighting aginest AL-Kabab.
redleg
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eurasian Empire has deployed ground, air, and naval units to Libya in great strength. Over the past few months they have built a combined arms army in Libya with 3 divisions, plus a carrier battle group and several fighter wings. They have also deployed light infantry (possibly airborne or marine units) to Djibouti and Socotra and there is another naval task force approaching from the Indian Ocean.

[GMís Note: there will definitely be a large-scale war in that area, but the shooting wonít start until February or March because I am still working on the rules. This is going to be as close to a legitimate war game as possible, which is why I am working on the rules first. I will be controlling the Eurasian Empire and refereeing. Combat will be resolved using rules, not creative writing. If you participate you can certainly embellish your battle reports, but the actual combat will be resolved by dice rolls and card draws. Logistics and troop movements will also be tracked in this war.]
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what rules are you going to use?
E5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MechCommander wrote:
Ok, what rules are you going to use?

LBW rules (Leg balanced wargames)
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 45 of 48

Jump to: