Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: 1 Oct: end of an era
|Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:54 pm Post subject: The Eligy of Cama - or how I came to a decision
|First of all, the second this gets posted it will be locked. I will not invite and flame wars or such. Not my intent or purpose.
Some explanation is perhaps due.
1. GHQ, and Channing, have been great friends of mine for something like 20 years now. I respect the company, I respect the staff, I've been graciously hosted by the company at their hipster headquarters a couple of times and the staff are ALL equally nice and great.
2. The time comes when one looks at life, and wonders, "Am I still where I want to be?" For me, the answer was no. I have painted for GHQ for many years, and although I will never have the skills of a Tanner or a Pete, I liked being the third or fourth liner on the bench. I have some pride in that.
3. In NO WAY has GHQ or Channing, or anyone from the company, EVER been a negative influence on my decision. NONE. I can't be more clear about that. I owe much to the company, Channing personally, and Greg is a god among men. I cannot be more specific than that, but they have ALWAYS been there for me, during good times and bad, personally.
4. I was ready for a change. I wanted to do something silly. This year I am going to paint Ghostbusters, Planet of the Apes, Space: 2001, James Bond, Bob & Doug (take off, eh), and generally just be random. It's time for that. Will I game it? Who knows. I need to do something different. It's just ... time.
5. Thank you to all for the PMs and emails. The support has been appreciated, I am just at a crossroads and it's really that simple. Who knows what the future holds...
Finally, again, an IMMENSE THANK YOU TO GHQ and CHANNING, GREG, LORRAINE.
Best of regards to all,