Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
New aircraft carrier
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what jaxenro said, but...

Welcome to the entanglement that is the complexity of free speech, in which you can say what you want and others can say what they want about what you said (except in PoliticallyCorrectLand, like those Orwellian institutions such American colleges and universities and Hollywood).

We have just been through TWO YEARS of political campaign. That's TWO YEARS of "heated discussion," DAY AND NIGHT, from every angle, by everyone who could crowd into a TV studio. To paraphrase, "So much has been said about so little for so long, that now we can say everything about nothing." And so it has been. The candidates and the media talking heads have filled the airwaves with "heated discussion" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While we like our democratic system, now that we've voted, we'd like a little respite from some of its less-pleasant consequences, like endless "heated discussion." It has, of course, affected the way we respond. NOW you want to poke a little fun. YOU want to tack on a little post script that wasn't funny enough to get the laugh you expected or be taken in the spirit perhaps intended. You scraped some exhausted, raw nerves and have gotten an unexpected over-reaction. My friend, like any comedian, you have to have a sense of timing. All most here want to do at the moment is get away from the serious stuff to discuss the finer points of a HOBBY! Sorry, I'm just a little grumpy.

BUT! It IS a free country. You can say what you want (except GHQ CAN and WILL censor us if they don't think it's appropriate for THEIR forum). YOU walked into the kitchen. If you can't stand the heat... stay or go as you please.

"My name is panzergator and I am responsible for the content of this post."
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzergator
That's what am talking about !!!
And I agree with you 100%
You have convinced me to stay
Now gentlemen tomorrow I'll make a small address to the forum all I ask is to humor me and read it.
Just something I would like to propose
After that depending on the general feeling around the forum I shall leave or stay.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, Fireball, you really shouldn't leave. If you believe in what you did, stay and take the lumps. Wear a cup! It isn't that desperate an issue. To leave is just "chicken." (Sorry. Don't mean to offend the discretionary chickens of the world.) The thing is, just because people don't like what you say doesn't mean it shouldn't be said. Any comedian knows that a line undelivered surely WILL NOT get a laugh. You have to take the chance. It's unpredictable how well something will work. And maybe we'll get it better later. And you should be glad you weren't just IGNORED!
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's bloody 3am an I can!t sleep.
Listen panzergator I have something for all of us to say, no politics , no kidding around, it hit me today and I think it's worth saying.
Who knows it might be important for the forum.
But tomorrow

See you

Tom
chrisswim
E5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have my missing dice?
I cannot find my 10-sided dice.
RedDragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Stop Inciting an Arms Race! Reply with quote

Talk about CLICK BAIT!!! I was looking forward to some new GHQ carrier beauts!
I was SHOCKED to find **CENSORED** I mean com-e-dy in this thread!

Those fools advocating for the commissioning of a new class of USN aircraft carriers based upon USS Donald Duck are making a grave mistake. Any keen observer of the revanchist Abe regime in Japan can see that for the US to commission such an advanced 6th generation aircraft carrier will most certainly result in the rapid production of a JS Hello Kitty to lead a class of advanced Japanese supercarriers. This will sorely result in an arms race that will make those leading up to both world wars, well, mere child's play.

I anticipate that the doubters among you will raise a crying Hough and demand supporting evidence.

[b]WARNING!!! You cannot unsee the terrible truths I am about to reveal![b]

A very costly "wet" espionage operation has netted the following CGI rendering of the fearsome advanced airship the JMSDF has in the works:

Once you unscramble the innovative "sparkle" camouflage" note the observable features of this highly advanced design. Note the forward sensor fit including a 6 antenna ESM set and AESA disguised as a bow. If you dare, rest your eyes upon the even more ingenious, side-mounted auxiliary power "wind-up" handle. Such a system imparts virtually unlimited range to this stealthy airship, while being much greener than USN nuclear carriers. Why is "green-ness" important in a ship of war, well when combined with JMSDF cloaking technology this will sorely be a hard nut to track!

Below is a JMSDF prototype A2013M "Strong Wind" inexplicably un-cloaked during a test of NYC air defenses:

** CENSORED ** expect masses of these to be carried into battle within flying "mother-ships" based on the JS Hello Kitty. It doesn't take much imagination to forsee the potential for a terrifyingly ironic surprise attack! The US should consider this a wake-up call.

In case you thought the first Generation air-mother-ship was scary enough:

This highly-advanced space-capable carrier probably explains many of the recent UFO sightings around the world. I wouldn't want to rattle this Kitty Carrier!

You may wonder why I am disseminating what is clearly classified information. Frankly the risks of such an arms race are so great that they outweigh my fear for my freedom and even my life. The destruction posed is unimaginable. The literal future of humanity hangs in the balance!
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good god my man!!!
What have we done, now the arms race is imminent.
W cant doubt the information you have provided ..............I just wonder how many good men have died to get these blueprints?
It is like nothing we have seen before.... are these bright colors some kind of ne stealth technology? looks very advanced.

Very Happy
Fireball
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: