Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Fireball's address part2 (Product Reviews)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Fireball's address part2 (Product Reviews) Reply with quote

SECOND PART
Subject: Product Reviews
I don’t even know how well the first part of my address will go so i’m writing this second part with some trepidation.
On the other hand if you want to make a fool of yourself why not go all the way 
So when i signed up to join this forum the very first thing i was looking for was some kind of product review.
GHQ has good pictures for the products and a brief description but that’s it.
I think that each member should at least take the time to write at least one product review a year.
So for example if i was going to review the BTR-50 APC GHQ Stock # W21 i would star by pointing out that the blister comes with 5 BTR-50PK and one command vehicle – this is not specified on the webside.
Also there are some additional goodies in the back – it comes with mortars and recoiless rifles that can be mounted on the deck or used to supplement your inf stands.
Now a lot of people don”t know that until they buy the product.
Or if i was to discus the Kaiser battleship ww1 navies i would say that one of the echeloned turrets will not bare straight... now this is not a GHQ mistake in real life the turret could not bare straight or the barrels would hit the superstructure.......................i wish someone had told me that before i switched on my Makita drill.
Also there is some flesh in front of the A turret that looks like some kind of wire or chain.... that is until you paint the deck then its plain to see.
So things like that and you know or maybe point out some hard to make out details, comment on the casting etc.
We would obviously call the thread “Reviews” or some such and have the individual topics under the GHQ stock number so that way it would be easy to filter on the thread.
Bloody hell as i get deeper into my thesis here i find myself mellowing out more and more with each sentence....................just like D. Trump after the election 
What is it with me and Mr. Trump? I guess that’s a topic between me and my psychologist.
OK so this is part 2 in part 3 we’ll be discussing rule sets............. but not as you think.
That is if i’m back by popular demand
Tom
jaxenro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be nice is if GHQ altered their website to allow posting the review with the model

So when I clicked on the model there was a user review section
Guroburov
E5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the reviews as it will help when shopping. I love the idea of a snippet or condensed view of the review with the product listing itself. That would be awesome. I don't know if they'd want a long review tagged under the pics. GHQ already has awesome pics but, yes, reviews would be great.
Extra Crispy
E5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A review with the product listing would be great. If it's just buried here on the forum it will be pointless - people will just ask their questions on the forum anyway. Like "what do you get in a BTR50 pack?"

The search function from the main site doesn't include the forum. So you have to search twice. I'm guessing most customers aren't forum members.
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some sites that do review GHQ miniatures already, although perhaps not to the full detail you mention.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are times when I'd like to see more than one view. Sometimes, I'd like a closer view, as well. For some models, a comparison with another, older model, would be nice - for relative size, for instance. Example would be picturing an M113A1, which GHQ already makes, beside their new M59 and M75 models... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: