Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
This is amazing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: This is amazing Reply with quote

Hi all
This is your uncle fireball here.
Last time i looked we have almost 3000 pages of members, now with 50 enries per page that makes just under 150000 registerd users, with me so far?
So imagine my dissapointment when i had a look at how the voting was going........well as I;m writing this we have.... wait for it... ready? 69 votes.
There might be a number of reasons for this ** CENSORED ** outcome.
1) There"s a UFO invasion currently in progress and most people lost access to the internet due to electromagnetic interference.

2)People are shell shocked, they just don"t believe their good fortune that a company will actually allow them input into what will be produced in the near future.

Or and i think most likely
3) We don;t want any input towards ne releases, we like to wait like zombies and get what we are given.

Well if that is the case if i was GHQ i would pull thing whole thing down.

69 !!!! Please!!!

P.S and please dont tell me that moderns are not my thing, because the numbers tell a different story... what 69 people play moderns?

That's it for today
Please stay tuned for my next rant.

Fireball
av8rmongo
E5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the turnout seems quite small but... The other possibility is that the crushing majority of "members" on the list are spambot autosignups from the early days of this forum. There are also members on that list that came for the other railroad focused fora.

I have nothing to back this up but if I had to put a number on "active" members (I define that as anyone who comes to read the forum at least once a month) I would say it is less than 250.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A response!!! i"m not used to that for some reason or other i'm shunned on this forum like a lepper Smile and that after all i have done for you , you ungratful....ahh but back to the point.
So you think around 250? my good sir
I never considered spanbots so if you're correct then i might have jumped the gun a little bit here.
Nevertheless a good inspirational talk never goes astray and i have been known for a view in my brief posting spell on this forum heheheheh.
So if it is 250 then that's excelent.
Carry on, as you were gentelmen.

Fireball
John Secker
E5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with av8r - 250 sounds like a good guess. And even of those, most will be lurkers who rarely post, or only occasionally. The people who post often (several times a month) would probably be only a few dozen.
StarCruiser
E5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that there are no where NEAR 3000 members (let alone more) on this board.

Some of those registered users are spambots and some are probably no longer active.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where you get your username, Fireball. You can't get excited about this. Take it for what it is. The really interested folks have responded. The other folks don't make getting here or participating a priority, and frankly, I don't want the "occasionally interested" folks participating. I think you got the really interested folks and those are the avid folks who count.
Extra Crispy
E5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 112 members have 100 posts or more. Go to member list and you can sort by total posts.

And I'm the 14th most prolific poster even though I drop out for long stretches when I'm not working on micro armor.

So I'd say the 250 estimate is generous!
Extra Crispy
E5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top poster 250 had about 40 total posts and left the forum in 2006.

I'm going to say under 100 active users, plus maybe 200 lurkers.

GHQ has the web stars so could shed more light were they inclined to do so.
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume some members are not voting simply because they don't do anything with modern. I voted, but as you recall at least one person took me to task because as a Predominantly a WW2 guy, I was weighing in and "lobbying" for tarps etc. I voted because I want to support this initiative by GHQ, and I think it's really critical that we gin up excitement and debate over these new possibilities.

And who knows, when they do a World War II list or a nautical list, you may get similar sort of numbers.
av8rmongo
E5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurtWolf wrote:
And who knows, when they do a World War II list or a nautical list, you may get similar sort of numbers.

I'm voting for another version of the M4 Wink

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread Gentelmen.
Allow me to make a couple of points and ask few questions.

Point 1) I'm excited, after all it was me who came up with the concept (read fireball's address) and it was me who wrote to GHQ to judge if they might be interested in the idea of us voting for a model. So i have vested interest in the project succeeding.
Point 2) BurtWolf the whole idea was that this was for everyone, and maybe in the future we' will get to vote for other periods like ww2 or micronauts.
In any case stowage is for all periods, i mean how to differentiate between one tarp from the other.
So tell the guy who had issues to get stuffed.
Now my questions:
1)What is the E5 under your user names and how do i get it?
2) Yestarday i have ordered some minis for my arab-israel conflict 1973 and by mistake instead of getting Mig 21 i ordered Mig 15, can i still use them in 1973 as trainers maybe?

To finish of big thank you to GHQ, when i asked about the voting for models i never realised that there were maybe only 250 active members on the forum, i thought maybe 10, 15 thousand otherwise i wound not have tried because the numbers are just to small.
To the credit of GHQ they still went ahead with it and i think it speaks volumes about the company that they are.

Ohhh by the way for those whogame arab-sraeli conflict i might have a gem for you but you will havr to wait few days

Uncle Fireball
Luca
E5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to tell you I'm back. Was a rough year. back to the hobby (and the forum) to catch some rest and inspiration.

I think the E5 is some sort of bug that identifies the very first users. I did not see it on new users.

Military vehicles are beautiful because they are built from functional designs which make them real, solid, without artifice. The short timers

Erst wägen, dann wagen (first consider, then risk) von Moltke the Elder
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that it signifies you have 100 posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: