Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Amalgamation of Imagi-nations?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cama
E5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Amalgamation of Imagi-nations? Reply with quote

Iíve been thinking long and hard on this.

Couldnít we amalgamate the Imagi-nations threads or perhaps limit the new ones?
Iíd like this to continue, but not at the expense of the ďrealĒ players.

Your thoughts, opinions, and contributions welcome.

Cama / realist and imaginist.
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good Idea would be to make a separate Imagi-Nations Forum page then move all the threads there.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is all that is left on the forum ... an imagination slug fest it would be easier to shift the few remaining worthwhile posts to another forum.
This is why i don't post here any more, i gave it a go i tried but after butting my head against the wall once too many times it was time to leave.
It pains me to say this but there is nothing worth while on this forum anymore, and believe me i have put my heart and soul into this community.
If i may self indulge here, who was it that got you guys the opportunity to vote for modern micro armour .. who tried to revive the forum with weekly military questions?
Yes that's right Uncle Fireball.
What happened to proper orbats and toes people were posting, what happened to heated discussions about this or that piece of equipment.
No... instead we get daily reports of the 100 dalmations union invading the mickey mouse republic.
Ask your self this question: if your kid was interested in lets say ww2 miniature gaming, would you point him or her in the direction of this forum?
No off course not because this has become a cartoon of the real thing.
......and i'm really sad about that

Uncle Fireball
cama
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I enjoy it, Iím with Fireball. I donít agree with all his negativity, thereís LOTS worthwhile on th forum.

Itís all become a bit silly. Some semblance of reality would be good. A new forum just for imaginations would be good while a serious reality forum ran concurrently. Lead Adventure for example does that. WW2, Weird Wars, Cold War/Hot War. They separate it rather nicely.

And endless paragraphs about stuff without posted pictures has become the new norm as well. Itís all a bit too much fantasy football. I again have to agree with Fireball, real content is important. This is why I asked.

MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it kinda sucks that theres no pics of whats happening, though in some cases its due too not having the models to show, like my one of my fictional ships NDAS Chickadee is based on the post war Majestic class carrier HMCS Bonaventure, I have yet to find a mini of it. hopefully the new update to this website would fix this.

So Im thinking will save the Imagi-Nations stuff for another forum page and leave this for more real stuff.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, Guys. Just how much "real stuff" is going on in this forum these days. The imaginations are NOT running ANYBODY off. There just aren't enough "real" contributions. And probably aren't gonna be. And unless it gets easier to to post pics, we aren't gonna see 'em. Imagi-nations are easily identified in the thread. If you don't want to read them, skip'em. At the moment, there isn't anything else BUT imagi-nations, though.

I, for one, an not going to post about things I don't know anything about, so I'm kinda tapped out for factual things. I have squeezed EVERYTHING out of my brain about M60A2s, Cold War organizations and equipment, and Cold War camouflage schemes.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one would benefit from your M60 camo scheme for the mid 80s cos i'm painting up a platoon of them but in a larger scale.
Everyone has a lot of "real" stuff to contribute .
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to consolidate a couple of references and post them.
cama
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím not saying thereís not a place for BOTH to coexist - I just thought it would be good to discuss as gentlemen (and maybe ladies, who knows) can do.

Maybe my forces are useable for both imagination and reality.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Imagi-nations should actually have to own what they say they have. I, for instance, have a battalion that is short one company, so I shouldnt be able to claim I have that full battalion. No "notional" forces. If you don't have naval or air assets, you cant play them. I dont claim to have a navy because I don't, nor do I have air. If you want to transport troops across an ocean by sea or air, you have to invest in the stuff to do it. You can also build it. But you cant just say you have it. Once it is easy to post pics again, you have to post the pics to prove it.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I dont believe I have been impolite in my contributions on this subject.
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus a Imagi-Nation does have its benefits as you can use millitary units that in real life where never put into combat or never got past the design stages like the Avro Arrow, or the TSR-2.
chrisswim
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exaggerated some of my numbers. For example, when the CoC said we sold 3-4 dozen A-4, we didnít t really. I do have 18-24 of then. Ships...I have them in 1/2400 or 1/350 or similar scale, not all the numbers, I.e. but I only have on Canberra, not 2. Have two Illustrious Class carriers, not 3. When I have posted number of tanks,APCs, I have reduced my numbers or provided numbers in a particular camo pattern/color. I havenít posted pics in some time, few years.
I hope the storylines Iíve posted have been suitable and entertaining.
MechCommander
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they were entertaining indeed, hoping to continue with the other Imagi-Nation i made the Maritimes Federation.
cama
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="panzergator"]And I dont believe I have been impolite in my contributions on this subject.[/quote]

No indeed!

And I concur - forces should be real even in imaginary nations. I have but one Choctaw painted as an Mi-4 - I donít claim to own 10!

I think we should also strive for more photo content to go along eithe the text body. Brings value to the post? Thoughts?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: