Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
ACR thread, as suggested by Redleg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion... command vehicles (M113s or M3), M577s, medics, maintenance (M88s, M113s. wreckers), signal - M577 and a few HUMVEEs. Then think about spt plt, mess later. There are more wheeled support vehicles than there are tracked combat vehicles, so the cost can be significant.
Cav Dog
E5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redleg,

Nice looking kit. I suggest you focus on adding the support elements that Regiment would chop to each ground squadron; engineer platoon, ADA section and chemical recon and defense platoon.

And my personal favorite, an air cav troop from 4th sqdn. By SOP, each ground squadron had a "dedicated" air troop. Depending on when you are modeling it, the troop could be either 6 OH-58A/C and 4 AH1F, or 6 OH58D and 4 AH64 Apaches, or currently 8 OH58 Kiowa Warriors.

Good luck and have fun...
redleg
E5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was thinking of just skipping the HHT maintenance platoon since each troop already has maintenance stuff, but then I have these M977s and M978s sitting here calling my name. They're saying, "Me too! I want to be CAV!"

I didn't know that each squadron had a dedicated air troop! I was going to start on 2nd squadron next, but maybe I will do the slice elements you spoke of and then move onto Coyote Squadron (the staff nerd in me demands that all units company size and above have call signs. 2nd squadron will be Coyote). I have a few more days to figure this out while I paint my 1st how battery.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you will have a nice collection. It sounds like you are going with the regimental rather than divisional squadron. I generally skip the air and support platoon elements, although I try to have one complete set per TOE, just because it's too expensive to have all the wheels as well, and it can be REALLY expensive to have the aviation. I didnt suggest those because you said you had a restricted budget. My regimental squadron does have both an engineer platoon and a vulcan plt.
redleg
E5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st How battery makin it rain!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: