Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
New Release Fail
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: New Release Fail Reply with quote

Before anyone says it, I know I am being impatient and ungrateful for not quietly waiting for GHQ to release the pictures. I am also aware that they did release the list on time. I am also aware that GHQ has exceptional quality and that they should be given some latitude when they miss a deadline. In addition, there are lots of companies that do not post pictures at all. Last and not least, I am also aware that they release more vehicles than any other company.

With that out of the way, WHY are we 11 days in and there are no pictures of the new release accept the Micronaut they put up on the first day? I know I am being a baby and there is know way it will effect me buying more vehicles, but could you feed a person a bone and at least put one more photo up. Specifically the M60 Sabra. Please.. please please.

Signed sincerely crotchety old man in training.

HOTH_902

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/
Donald M. Scheef
E5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RMMV 4x4 and 6x6 just showed up. The 8x8, however, is still a total fail.
Update for 2018-09-11 22:00 - The RMMV HX Series 8x8 link is operable and there is a photo of the unpainted vehicle.

Don S.
you'll avoid catastrophe."
D'oh!

Last edited by Donald M. Scheef on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Donald,

I looked them over and they look sweet. GHQ does peerty work. No doubt about that. For the size and the detail, they always find a way to amaze me.

intruder523
E5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: New Items/pictures Reply with quote

I saw the pics of the MANN trucks and was wondering if they made them empty and uncovered for a reason. I'm hoping they are planning on coming out with some castings of loads and covers. I think that would be cool. I like both. I like the logistics and engineering vehicles almost as much as the combat vehicles.
Donald M. Scheef
E5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good reason for leaving the back of trucks empty is to provide greater flexibility. After you purchase the models, you can fill them with whatever crates, barrels, etc. that you want. I would like to have separate castings for covers, however; I find these hard to fabricate.

Don S.
you'll avoid catastrophe."
D'oh!
cama
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just spoken with Nicole, who takes all the pics, GHQ is SWAMPED. The sale was presumably really good for them, and theyíre going full tilt.

So give Nicole a break. Sheís quite nice and does a great job!
pmskaar
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: New Release Fail Reply with quote

I agree with Cama. My interactions with Nicki have always been pleasant. She is a great photographer as well.

I want to see the new releases but console myself that I have plenty of things to paint in the meantime.

Pete
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communication is the key to anything. A simple post, to let people know they are swamped. Again, they set the deadlines, not us. They could also change the schedule around so sales don't happen in conjunction with releases. However I realize the community seems protective of GHQ so I will no longer comment on this subject in the future. Regardless of what they do, I will still buy there products. Sorry for creating this post.

Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.s. I do realize something's happen that cannot be controlled. Been a victim of it my self.

panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are on the subject, I would like to note my preference for the UNPAINTED photos. I get a much better idea of the detail without the paint. The painting often makes the details harder to discern, naturally enough, since that's what camo is supposed to do. I would like a side, top, and frontal, as well, but what we get now will do. ADD a painted one if you like, once it's available, or have a sticky thread for official painted pics.
cama
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoth_902 wrote:
Communication is the key to anything. A simple post, to let people know they are swamped. Again, they set the deadlines, not us. They could also change the schedule around so sales don't happen in conjunction with releases. However I realize the community seems protective of GHQ so I will no longer comment on this subject in the future. Regardless of what they do, I will still buy there products. Sorry for creating this post.

I just really donít think people get how small GHQ is. Itís a bunch of passionate people, but itís few. The owners, who do packing and shipping by the way, Nicole, who does admin and photography (when thereís time...) and graphic design; the artists who donít work at GHQ, so have no bearing on speed of anything; the mould staff - master mould maker, casting staff.

Thatís pretty much it. In a small warehouse packed with product, just a top floor because thereís a hipster pub on the main floor.

Been there twice. Once I was flying through to Ottawa and detoured down, the other I went to make a trip of it.

Believe me when I say, they are all BUSY. All the time. And a sale? Itís insane.

Having seen behind the curtain, I genuinely have an appreciation for how the machine turns. By the way, itís worth the visit to see. To stand in awe of all the product, to meet the people, the casters stand out - they laughed and seemed to enjoy their jobs. To see racks of moulds all labelled.

To really see GHQ and not the internet vision of it, which is flawed in how the scale is perceived.
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cama, thanks for the peek behind the storefront. I know the operation is small. Its niche market should make it obvious to all of us, but sometimes it just has to be spelled out. Just keeping all the aspects straight in their heads must be a challenge some days. Imagine just figuring out the alloy to use and procuring it in the quantity needed, then preparing it. And CLEANING THE EQUIPMENT! WHAT A NIGHTMARE! AND NO FUN! Just look at the span of products. Someody has to manage a production schedule. Quite a small-business operation.

Perhaps knowing this, folks will be a little more polite when wondering what the holdup is on their orders.
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cama,

I have not visited them but do have an appreciation on how small they are and how busy they get. Just for the fact that they put out the quality of products they do, shows how passionate they are. There customer service, for messed up orders and defective parts, is second to none in any industry. They are simply amazing in all regards. I could go on and on singing there praise. I can also agree that the people that work there are probably the best of the best. Small companies generally attract those types of people.

With that said, point made..and if I had the ability to do so, I would stricken this post from the records and will en devour to refrain from comments of this nature in the future.

cama
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, not stricken.

Itís good to have these discussions; we learn from them, and thatís what internet debate is about.

And as far as I know, GHQ reads every comment - so when they are not living up to expectations, and change is possible, I think they want to know.

They use the forum as their sounding board.
intruder523
E5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk to Nicole every time I place an order as I phone them in. She knows me by my voice at this point, lol, and she is great. I have also visited the place once when Jim Moffet was still there. The other descriptions are accurate. I was a journeyman tool and die maker then and I talked to the mold maker that was there that day. They used centrifugal casting and had three small manual casting "machines" in the back. I think you are right, most people don't realize how small it really is. By the way, the day I was there was mid summer and it was stifling up there. Sounds like they are in the same building still. It amazes me that they do what they do. There is always room for improvement. I use the painted assembled model pictures for reference, assembly clarification, and just to see what model of something they are doing. I have been surprised and mildly disappointed a couple of times. So I like to see what I am buying before I buy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: