Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
New Release Fail
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoth mate, don't beat yourself up.
Just by starting this thread it showed that you are a GHQ fan! Eager to see what they have just released.
You are here on their site asking for more and quicker, that's good for GHQ.

From my point of view you can not have a "new release fail". It's still a new new release and that's a win regardless.
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support, but I am really not beating myself up. There are so many things I would like to write about the responses to my original post and the miss understanding that has resulted. However, I am smart enough to realize that it will only start something that heads in the wrong direction.

It really comes down to the Law of Diminishing returns. This forum is for fun and to that end, I will refrain from making post like this. If I have questions or comments, I will send them to GHQ directly. Its more important to me to comment and post on the positive parts of the hobby and I will focus my energy on that.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/
Begemot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's considered unseemly to post public criticism of the 'Dear Company'?

Is GHQ a business or a sacred cow?

I'm a huge fan of GHQ, not because it's GHQ, but because it makes a superior product. This product is more expensive than the competition but so is the quality. I'm willing to pay that premium to get that quality. The customer service has been quite satisfactory, but then that is what a customer expects.

Criticism is feedback. Healthy companies value feedback. If they don't satisfy their customers, they don't stay in business. I would agree that a particular problem, say a broken piece received and needs replacing is a "Private" issue between you and GHQ. A failure by GHQ to make good on the replacement or a consistent pattern of sending out broken pieces is not a "Private" issue and is a legitimate topic for the forum community to discuss. This forum is a communications vehicle for the customers and GHQ. Within the bounds of civil discourse I think both praise and criticism are legitimate.

GHQ could probably head off most issues, like no or late new product photos, by keeping the customers apprised of problems. The GMT Games website has such a means of keeping their customers in the loop. Maybe GHQ should give this some consideration. The people here are reasonable and understanding.

But in the final a_n_a_l_y_s_i_s (yes, the mindless AI censor doesn't like the word properly spelled) we are the customers. We pay the piper, so we ultimately call the tune. We keep GHQ alive.
Hoth_902
E5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's let this thread die.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep it civil and constructive.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civil and constructive !!! that describes me perfectly if I say so myself.
Recently GHQ have pretty much left us to our own devices here on this forum and yes recently the pictures for new items are lagging behind so its valid to rise the issue, heck I would have mentioned it myself if not for the fact that your dear Uncle Fireball is busy painting star wars storm troopers and had some difficulty getting the white shade on the above mentioned units just right.
The bottom line is that GHQ concentarates its efforts on other social media like FB and such.
We are the unloved step kids in this marriage.

"Another pearl of wisdom from Your Uncle Fireball"
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling neglected and sorry for yourself, Fireball. If GHQ is ignoring the forum, we will just have to exercise a little initiative ourselves and keep it going.
madman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a long term fan of GHQ. I started collecting them in '74 or '75. Still have those Tiger Is. I am also a big fan of pretty much all the manufacturers of 1/300, 1/285, 6mm etc. Almost all my infantry are H&R as GHQ was slower off the mark. I do still have my "modern" US infantry, circa late 70s(?) but I liked the availability and thought H&R's poses were better looking. I also collected a LOT of aircraft and again GHQ was late to the table there as well. I remember at Origins '78 CinC had just released their A-10s and GHQ must have had planes out then but the A-10 was a ways away. I had to re-sculpt the nose as it was too much of an anteater but that is what you did back then.

I don't sit on my computer hitting refresh when the new releases are due to come out. I am usually a few years behind the curve at best. But it is nice too see the ever expanding line and that items from every period get some love. Far from all that I am looking for, so I will happily go elsewhere to fill gaps. I don't feel this is a slam on GHQ, like any company they can't be all things to all customers. I have also refrained from posting pics of other companies models but have advised on possible sources for gap filling. Not my cup of tea but it is good to see some competitor's products up on the "show us" thread. Plus a smattering of models I know GHQ will never bring out (sci fi mechs). The bulk of my collection is from three to four decades ago so a lot of the planes came from elsewhere. The sculpts are, mostly, crude but again they filled the gaps and I hope my painting skills helped breathe a little life into them.
cwsmp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone needs to move on Confused
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move on to where my good chap?
I'll will add further to the lagging pictures if GHQ is watching... let us vote on some up coming new releases like we did few years back, maybe WW2 this time and also isn't time to introduce WW1 miniatures in 10mm scale.
Just imagine 2 german AV-7 advancing on entrenched british positions followed by german infantry while over head a biplane is spotting for the field guns.
Hey Panzergator...... not felling unloved just grumpy..........then again i'm grumpy most of the time and i don't think you guys would have me any other way...ha? admit it.

FB
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It easy to overestimate tolerance when one is insulated by so much distance...
cama
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwsmp wrote:
Everyone needs to move on Confused

I rather agree.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distance is relative, I can be in the good ol USA in 16 hours, we could reminisce about the good times we had on the forum Very Happy

So no takers for the 10mm WW1 line?
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me. I want GHQ to stay fixed on 1/285 moderns.

Last edited by panzergator on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
cama
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: