Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Cleveland USN 72

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fullmetaljacket
E5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Cleveland USN 72 Reply with quote

I just purchased 3 of these cruisers, question I have after looking over kit for several minutes, is as follows.

1. The AA tubs where do they go on the model? I see online pictures but on the kit I don't see any wholes to anywhere to mount them?

any help would be appreciated and pics even more thanks.

fullmetaljaceket
cinctim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fullmetaljacket,
It's been awhile since my early round bridge Cleveland's, (as well as the late, square bridge ones), have been out of the shipyard, but from the models and the directions I have the quad 40mm's are installed in 2 positions, both port & starboard.

1st Location is right behind the bridge side 5" gun housings, on the "stand" that is also
part of the bridge assembly piece. Note, on the starboard side, between the 5"
mount and the 40mm stand, there is a molded life raft, but that is not molded on
the on the port side, (at least on my models). This spot is also located to the sides
of the space between the foremast & 1st funnel

2nd Location is the square section/stand that is molded on the hull, just slightly over
1/16" behind the above previous "stand". It is also the square sections that are
between the two funnels, when both superstructure parts are in place, to both
sides. Note, this mount is lower that position 1.

I can't remember if my models had the holes in the stand tops or not, but if yours
don't, would recommend a few swipes on a file to remove the mounting pins on the 40's.

Hope this helps.
fullmetaljacket
E5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much appreciated.

fullmetaljacket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: