Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Free Demonstration Set of WW1 Naval Miniatures Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed*b
E5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Free Demonstration Set of WW1 Naval Miniatures Rules Reply with quote

Over the past 35 years I have developed a set of naval miniatures rules to cover the period 1900-1925. Although these rules are quite detailed, actually playing is very straight forward, with just two charts for resolving number of hits and one chart for determining damage results. I have never quite completed the rules (still working on submarine and aircraft sections) but I thought it might be useful to produce a subset of the rules sufficient to cover the capital ship action in the Run to the South at Jutland to allow interested gamers to try them out and provide feedback.

I have run this particular scenario probably a dozen times, and the results are very close to historical in terms of number of hits (usually within 10% of historical) and damage results (from one to three British BC destroyed, usually one or two German BC in near sinking condition) and all this over a number of turns that matches the historical duration (from 3:46 p.m. to 4:25 p.m., or 12 turns - each turn is 3 minutes, 15 seconds).

As GHQ has not produced a set of WW1 naval miniatures rules, I presume there will be no issue with providing a link to access the free demonstration subset of my rules. The zip file can be downloaded from Dropbox, and contains a 46 page rules booklet, player aids, and ship status sheets for the 5th Battle Squadron, Battlecruiser Fleet, and 1st Scouting Group (capital ships only). This free demonstration set is not to be used for commercial purposes or resold or redistributed commercially. All rights are retained by the author, Ed Beauregard.

If you do try the rules out, I'd appreciate feedback and will answer any questions you may have.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqz7godar1pky99/Steel%20Fleets%20Demo%20Package.zip?dl=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: