Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacerend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Ships Reply with quote

Hello all.
I was wondering what scale ships you use with your GHQ micro armor. I wanted to do a game with a harbor that had some cargo ships. There does not seem to be much in the way of models out there.

Thanks
microgeorge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Legions IV Hire. They have a lot of 6mm stuff including ship. Not large ships but small coastal ships and river barges.
Guroburov
E5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6mm scale would be tough. An Arleigh Burke would be about 1.5 feet long about the size of a small cargo ship. I know from guys who play air combat games they like using 1/600-700 scale models. They can still be pricey but are easily sourced. You could always make a mock up of a ship with cardboard and tape or just the hull outline to put on the table. It could be a fun project. Very Happy
E5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/350 scale would offer a large amount of items and not all will break the bank.
I just built a cheap Frigate from China I'll post later this week.
I know some here do have 1/350 scale aircraft carriers etc which are huge and do break the bank if you add a GHQ air wing but what a project if you have the time and space.

A roll on- roll off ferry is becoming popular. In 1/450 scale it is about 19" long.
I have one the MV Mustafa Leak. With a bit of fudging it does not look out of place with the 1/285 scale micro armour.
Please pardon the large photo size just wanted to show this one at about life size.

I think Chris in Florida now has three of these!
chrisswim
E5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have 3 of these ships, two of which are put together thanks to Jason.. I have a bunch of 1/350 scale models ships, .... LHD, GCT, DDG, FF, SSN, LST, SSBN, SSGN, I do have more to put together.
Let me know if I can help.
nashorn88
E5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="7.62"]1/350 scale would offer a large amount of items and not all will break the bank.
I just built a cheap Frigate from China I'll post later this week.
I know some here do have 1/350 scale aircraft carriers etc which are huge and do break the bank if you add a GHQ air wing but what a project if you have the time and space.

A roll on- roll off ferry is becoming popular. In 1/450 scale it is about 19" long.
I have one the MV Mustafa Leak. With a bit of fudging it does not look out of place with the 1/285 scale micro armour.

Nice ! So more details, who makes it and where to buy from?
E5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nashorn88.
The one I have was made by a company called Imex, they do a small series of commercial ships.
It is 1/450 scale and called the M.S. Nedlloyd Rouen. I will not link to a site selling one but they can be found on ebay etc. Most of the e-commerce models shops list them too.
A Japanese hobby shop site was listing them for just under US$20 before Christmas.

The subject of the model is now in the States as the MV Cape Knox of the US Ready Reserve Fleet

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: