Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
NAVEL RULES for ww1 and ww2,modern

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scopemaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: NAVEL RULES for ww1 and ww2,modern Reply with quote

Howdy all, next question is I spent years playing general quarter's ww2 and corrdite and steel for ww1, what is currently avilable for navel gaming this day and age also i do not have a gymnasium for games.
Fireball
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Uncle fireball here the most esteemed member of this forum, one of the greatest.....Ok that's not what I intended to write but you get the picture.

PM me with your email address and I will send a ww1 naval rule set your way with actual ship data cards, it is 26mb so that you're aware if you have slow internet.

I'm away tomorrow so I will get around to it on sunday, here in the land of Oz we're almost a day behind you.

FB
regia-marina
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GQ 1and 2 are what I used for a long time. I still think they're a fun set of rules to play. I recently picked up GQ 3 for WW2. It looks pretty good although I haven't played it yet. I'm planning on trying it out this weekend and I'll post a review.
Donald M. Scheef
E5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also do not have a gymnasium for naval miniatures, but my playing space is certainly larger than my belly button.
Wink
you'll avoid catastrophe."
D'oh!
regia-marina
E5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned earlier that I was going to try out the GQ3 rules, which I did and I enjoyed them very much. I only played the basic rules so no air attacks, subs, etc. Just a simple ship to ship gunfight. The rules play very well which is what I enjoyed about the original GQ rules. High playability. I like that fact that the rules allow for more realism as part of the system by adding logistics, repair, etc., when desired. I'm on vacation so I'm off to set up another battle using the GQ3 rules. Should be a fun afternoon!
dragon6
E5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordite and Steel is complex, 1st ed GQ is simple.
GQ3 Fleet Action Imminent is more complex than 1st ed.
I don't like Command at Sea, not as mind numbing as Harpoon but still

David Manly's Long Face Games https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/6867/Long-Face-Games?src=browse6867 has several easy playing games more on 1st ed GQ level.

I like Seekrieg 5. It plays kind of like Cordite and Steel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: