Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Consolidated 1/285 Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madman
E5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Then this list will be added to and massaged. Right now I can't think of everything. Also I come from a place where if someone else makes it and it is reasonable I can't see GHQ duplicating it. I would rather see something new or if what is available can be greatly improved upon then I am for it. So here goes.

Cold War

I add my vote for; USA Special Forces Pack Boonie Hats

Generic;
Civilian vehicles, mostly small European cars with maybe a large Mercedes for "the Leader" and small delivery trucks.

Ultra Modern;
Working dogs, many forces use dogs in combat and near combat situations
I posted that somewhere a while ago. I can't find it now.

Generic;
Civilian vehicles; A mix of cars and SUVs.
I add my vote for Generic Civilians News crew, VIPs, first responders, close protection, PMCs and maybe an over decorated Generalissimo or two. Think objectives as much as window dressing.

WW2

Italy;
Bersaglieri Motorcycle troops Including tandem riders with a few tricycles (not side-cars!) plus some parked (un-mounted) motorcycles
Italian Command Pack 508 CM Coloniale staff car & radio truck/office body
Alpini Infantry pack

Generic:
Civilian Vehicles. Three cars and a small delivery truck and a larger delivery truck or horse drawn wagon delivery vehicle.
Refugees, people carrying all their belongings including a few human powered single axle wagons some with more refugees and others with household goods. Don't forget children, some walking, some carried.

New Range 1930s

1930s Civilians. Half in standard poses and the other half reacting to the war around them.
madman
E5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Civilians Reply with quote

The reason I mention civilians as much as I do is one of the rules I play is Hind & Seek for Soviet Afghan war. Treatment of them can and does have a part to play in game terms. Attacking troops near civilians, destroying buildings or crops, placement of mine fields not to mention actually attacking them has an impact on forces in real game terms. Mostly it affects your "reputation" which can aid you or your enemies in future scenarios.

It was a well known tactic employed by the Germans in early WWII to direct the flow of refugees in order to impede forces arriving at the front. Not to mention their use as human shields and potential suicide bombers. Even just as window dressing for scenarios civilians can help shape games.

One thing I don't understand is the Western Civilians pack. They look too much like people going about their business. I can't see them in any scenario. In a military situation they should be cowering, avoiding forces or possibly going Rambo. These minis would look right at home on a model train layout. Maybe that is what they are for. Even if faced with a zombie apocalypse I would assume some form of reaction, not just business as usual.
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that these would work well before combat starts - after all, there's a lot of waiting around and posturing before a trigger gets pulled, but I agree that once it is pulled there would be a lot more running, hiding and casualty figures needed.

Still at least we can laugh that the zombies are listed as United States figures!
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One COULD play as a REFORGER excercise, rather than actual war. There were always plenty of civil and hanging around units when halted.

Otherwise, I see no use for them.
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They made a zombie pack. Personally I wonder how many of those they sold but I'm pretty sure a civilian pack would sell better! I can certainly see any number of scenarios where civilians need to be rescued or western forces need to minimise civilian while evil enemy forces happily shoot straight through them or run them over with their tanks.
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the latest list, it occurred to me that some of the entries could be defined a little tighter so I thought we might pick some of the more likely candidates and refine them a little further.

For example : 508 CM Coloniale staff car & radio truck/office body

The questions that occur to me are :

- The Italians did not just fight in the desert and at least 1 person has previously shown interest in non-desert italian forces so do you want the staff car with the hood up or as an open top?

- Which radio truck do people want? The Dovunque Viberti seems to be the most common but it is hideously ugly (in my view!) but there were numerous Ceirano, Fiat & Lancia officebody conversions. Does anyone have any strong views on which one they would like?
BenfromBrooklyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Western Civilians Reply with quote

CG2 wrote:
I can certainly see any number of scenarios where civilians need to be rescued or western forces need to minimise civilian while evil enemy forces happily shoot straight through them or run them over with their tanks.

"Prague Uprising, 1968"

Czechoslovakian Player: Western Civilians

Soviet Player: T54 and T55 Tanks. ASU-57 Assault guns, BTR-152 and BTR-50 APC's, Infantry, BRDM-1 scout cars.

Terrain: Urban

Special Rules: Whenever a Soviet stand approaches within 1" of another Soviet stand, roll 2 dice. On a 3-4, the moving unit is suppressed. On a 5, the other unit is suppressed. On a 2, the moving unit is lost.**

Victory Conditions: The Czechoslovakian Player gets a point for each civilian unit surviving after 10 turns, but automatically loses the game anyway after 10 turns.

**The Czech government issued orders not to resist the Red Army. Virtually all of the Soviet casualties were from accidents.
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Italian command pack- I really do like the Fiat 508, and it simply could have a removable roof so you could app to have it either way just like in other models. Believe it or not I like the Devonque radio van, not too sure what other options are out there, at least I can find much on my Internet search. Another potential command vehicle that I like that would work I believe in several theaters would be the a543.
madman
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devonque radio van

I tried looking for this and got lots of hits for some radio personality named "van" a mix of pics, non of which seemed correct but lots of shots of VW camper vans. Links anyone? Thank you.
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/514395588675462386/

This is the Devonque I saw.

In google I searched with “Italian ww2 radio van”
BurtWolf
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Italian (this forum link) so not completely sure on this (I see the word radio quite a bit though) - has some really cool photos and potential vehicles for the Italian command pack:

http://crosem.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=500
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civilians often clogged MSRs and other roads useful for retreating and advancing columns, impeding advance, retreat, and logistics.
CG2
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Italian site seems to be saying that their radio trucks looked exactly like normal trucks although they had an aerial on the roof (which even I could add!). The a543 is a great vehicle but I'm not sure it is sufficiently different from the SPA TL in the artillery packs.

The Dovunque Viberti looks to be a higher level dedicated vehicle and the lower level formations could use normal trucks with aerials fitted. On that basis would a 4:1 508 vs Dovunque Viberti ratio make sense or do people want more for workshop vans etc?
panzergator
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultra modern... US Bobcats - the mini earth movers. Tracked or wheeled. For engineers and infantry support, with M2 50 cals, grenade launchers, AT missiles.
E5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panzergator wrote:
Ultra modern... US Bobcats - the mini earth movers. Tracked or wheeled. For engineers and infantry support.

Never considered those (smaller Bobcats) but just about all Military's now use Material handlers. basically 4X4 cross country fork lifts.
I could go for a few of them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: