Join GHQ's free e-mail list. Just enter your e-mail address and click on the Subscribe button. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

GHQ Models Forums
The Best Damn Wargaming Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
M36 B1 antennae and MG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luca
E5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: M36 B1 antennae and MG Reply with quote

Hi all!

I bought some M36 B1 that were on sale some weeks ago. First question: were's the place to drill the hole for the radio antennae?
Second question, more important: where can I find some spare .50mm cal MG to mount on the M36 turret? I saw there's a little hole that need to be filled with a heavy MG. Does GHQ sells spare MG, or should I ask to somebody else?

Thank You! L.
jb
E5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...on the M10 there is a cut out on the starboard hull front side (right hand side of the radio/hullmg operator). On the M36 with the same hull you have the same location. If it is the straight Sherman hull,I don't know,but I am still looking. When I find out I will post unless mk1 beats me to it...
As for the .50s you need to hang on to all the extras you get. I do beleive the GHQ wiz will get you some...
fullmetaljacket
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .50 cal on the M36 was mounted in the rear part of the turret. just past the open crew compartment. Also a little side note late in the war crews started mounting armor plating over the open top. something about grenades and flame thorwers casuing great stress on their operations of the tank plus bouncing rifle fire and automatic fire wasnt any fun either in a open top vehicle.

FMJ
Gort
E5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luca

From what I have found in various photos the antenna mount on the M36B1 was on the right hull front, just behind and a little outside of the headlight mount.

The .50 MG's are available from the US53 Seated Armored Infantry package. GHQ sells them for $1.75 per sprue. Just ask for a sprue of .50 MG's for mounting on tank turrets.

regards

Steve
Luca
E5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!

So I will just put the antenna and wait to paint the model untill the sprues with MG will be ordered. Thank you again, Your kind as always.
1ComOpsCtr
E5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luca,

Another option for wip antennas. Find someone with long eye lashes...
Every third day ask that person to gently remove a couple of them with their fingers.
Place them in a small white box so you can see them when you need them.
You don't have to drill a hole. they are tapered, and remain flexible forever.

Will
ComOpsCtr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GHQ Models Forums Forum Index -> Military Models General Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: